I truly believe that perusing adventure is the best thing anyone can do for the mind, the body and the soul. It seems that people these days get to comfortable and never broaden their horizons, their perspectives, and their passions. For example, when I announced that I was going to Mexico for three weeks almost everyone looked at me with fear in their eyes and told me that I shouldn't go, it wasn't worth the risk. The list of possible horrors I could have endured was long but I wasn't scared. It turned out to be an adventure of a lifetime. I ate insects (so yummy), drank Mezcal, swam in a cenote, gazed at the ruins of Chichen Itza, visited the most spectacular museums, snorkeled for hours over coral reefs, explored the amazing culture of D.F (it's HUGE) and made life long friendships. My perspective of Mexico was completely changed. It's healthy to take risks, and I will continue to live my life like an epic adventure. Next stop, Peru and Ecuador!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
“It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.” -André Gide
I truly believe that perusing adventure is the best thing anyone can do for the mind, the body and the soul. It seems that people these days get to comfortable and never broaden their horizons, their perspectives, and their passions. For example, when I announced that I was going to Mexico for three weeks almost everyone looked at me with fear in their eyes and told me that I shouldn't go, it wasn't worth the risk. The list of possible horrors I could have endured was long but I wasn't scared. It turned out to be an adventure of a lifetime. I ate insects (so yummy), drank Mezcal, swam in a cenote, gazed at the ruins of Chichen Itza, visited the most spectacular museums, snorkeled for hours over coral reefs, explored the amazing culture of D.F (it's HUGE) and made life long friendships. My perspective of Mexico was completely changed. It's healthy to take risks, and I will continue to live my life like an epic adventure. Next stop, Peru and Ecuador!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A life of fear will stop being enjoyed to become something to endure. The key thing is to be ready to die and there will be no fear of death. That is why Jesus Christ the son of God died so that we could have forgiveness of our sins and spend eternity in Heaven with Him. No fear allowed.
ReplyDelete